Thursday, August 13, 2009

Playgroup

This past weekend we had a wonderful time hosting our FCC playgroup. We had 4 little girls all about Elizabeth's age over to play at our neighborhood pool. I hope fun was had by all because E really enjoyed it. It made her so much braver!

What is missing from this picture? Elizabeth clinging to my bathing suit in terror that I will let her go.


I love watching Fin have a good time.


Karen's cooler is so good for many different things!

Our playgroup friends



Later in the week we decided to take advantage of her new found bravery. Uncle Max and I took her to the pool after a long 100 degree day.

"I do myself" was heard alot. I love it.

For the first time she would jump in and let the float catch her which resulted in water in the face and eyes. Until that night, there would have been crying and fussing. Not tonight. Tonight there was laughter.

It was a fun night!

We continue to struggle on a daily basis with attachment issues. Days like this when she is willing to move away from my immediate presence is wonderful. It gives me faith that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It was especially needed after the huge meltdown at church on Thursday night which was related to attachment.
I look forward to more pool time before the summer is over. Now, just make the rain stop!

2 comments:

FinsUp said...

That last picture deserves a frame. How great!

Mama Darling said...

It's great to see E having such a good time! She's fortunate to have a sweet mommy who understands some of the things that she is going through. Just think, if you lived close to us you could be enjoying that 100 degree weather for another month!!! Whew! Bring on some rain!LOL Hey, it's only a week until Gotcha Day. Can you believe it?