Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Never let it be said that I am not determined...

to do anything I can to make the Polar Plunge Winter Festival happen. It was a quite a day for an outdoor charity fundraiser. We had it all ~ wind gusts to 50 mph, rain, sleet and snow. We also had a committee of about 25 incredible volunteers who worked tirelessly to make the 2010 Polar Plunge Winter Festival to benefit Special Olympics Virginia an awesome day under far from perfect conditions. I am so happy and honored to lead the pack!!! Today I feel like I have the best job!!! 2636 brave souls took the plunge into the cold Atlantic and raised over $860,000 for Special Olympics Virginia. We wouldn't let them get too wet because of the vicious waves but just standing out there in their bathing suits won them a badge of courage to me. Volunteers, supporters, plungers, you are INCREDIBLE!!!!

1 comment: