Monday, February 2, 2009

17th Annual Polar Plunge

My dear husband is the best! He is once again supporting my passion (which also happens to be my job- how lucky am I!) which is Special Olympics. While I am busy organizing the 17th Annual Polar Plunge, my dear hubby will be joining the other 3500 crazy souls who will be jumping into the Atlantic Ocean on Saturday. He does it because he loves me but he does it because he has learned the value of giving a person with a disability an opportunity to prove what he or she is capable. Last summer we had the great honor to "adopt" (really become guardians) for our friend Max, commonly referred to by Elizabeth as Uncle Max. He has Down Syndrome. Special Olympics has given him so many opportunities not only to train and compete but to travel and have experiences that he would not have had otherwise. We know times are tight but if you have a buck or two to spare, my dear husband would be grateful. Most especially though, Uncle Max and his buddies and his buddies would be grateful. A special thanks to my dad and my Uncle Bob and Aunt Margaret who have already helped Max show the world his competencies.
If you can help, just click on Sam's fundraising page. Again, thank you! Every little bit helps!

Uncle Max, Elizabeth and Sam


No comments: